Washington County Senior Softball
About the League
The Washington County Senior Softball League is located in Washington County, MD. Teams are comprised from male and female participants in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia who are 50 years of age or older (men) and women who are 40 or more years of age.
The league officers for 2022 are below. You can contact them by clicking on their name for an email address.
- WCSSL League Fundraising Event is currently going on now through February 28 at the Stonebridge Pizzeria & Pub. Get out and support our league while enjoying some fine food and drinks.
- Registration is Open at this time. Forms can be downloaded and mailed to the League Treasurer, Tommy Hyme. (Mailing address is on the Waiver form).
- February 08, 2022, (Tuesday) at 6:00 PM. WCSSL will hold its regularly scheduled off-season organizational meeting at the Wacohu Grange Hall, 16412 National Pike west of Hagerstown.
- February 10, 2022 (Thursday) WCSSL Fundraisiing Event at the Stonebridge Pizzeria & Pub will be expanded and include 10 pct from all customers receipts for that day.
- March 08, 2022 (Tuesday) at 6:00 PM. Scheduled league meeting.
April 04, 2022 (Monday) Initial practice session is tentatively scheduled to be held. (Weather permitting)
- April 12, 2022 (Tuesday) at 6:00 PM. Scheduled league meeting.
- April 16, 2022 (Saturday) from 5:00 - 11:00 PM the WCSSL Bonanza will be held at the Boonsboro American Legion. Tickets will be available at the February 08 league meeting for $50.00 per couple. (In addition, donations may be made to be raffled off at the Bonanza).
- April 19, 2022 (Tuesday) WCSSL scheduled Draft night.
- May 03, 2022 (Tuesday) Opening games are tentatively being scheduled for this evening.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: (May 1st, 2021)
OUTDOOR MASK MANDATE. Masks and face coverings are no longer required outdoors in the State of Maryland. Lifting the outdoor masking order is in line with new CDC guidance.
Face coverings are still required for all Marylanders at all large ticketed venues as well as indoors at all public and private businesses and when using public transportation. Marylanders who are not yet vaccinated are strongly encouraged to continue wearing masks, especially when physical distancing is not possible.
The next WCSSL organizational meeting will be held on February 08, 2022 (Tuesday) @ 6 PM. Meeting will be held at the Wacohu Grange Hall, 16412 National Pike west of Hagerstown.
Fundraiser with Stonebridge Pizzeria & Pub
23 West Baltimore Street, Funkstown, MD
During the months of January and February 2022, Stonebridge Pizzeria and Pub, 23 West Baltimore Street in Funkstown will partner with the Washington County Senior Softball League.
Each time you, a friend or family member visits Stonebridge, 10% of your purchase will be donated to the league. Just write WCSSL on your bill (not credit slip) and 10% will go back to the league. Again, this will be for any and every time you visit during the first two months of 2022.
Stonebridge always has great food and drink; we guarantee a great time and when you visit, you will also be supporting WCSSL.
April 16, 2022 (Saturday) from 5:00 - 11:00 PM the WCSSL Bonanza will be held at the Boonsboro American Legion. Tickets will be available at the February 08 league meeting for $50.00 per couple. (In addition, donations may be made to be raffled off at the Bonanza).
I am the Veterans Outreach Specialist/ Case Manager for the Western MD Region with Sheppard Pratt, formerly known as Alliance. We are federally grant funded and the VA oversees our grant.
In short, this is an intensive case management program housing homeless veteran families and we assist with homeless prevention (evictions). Case management includes everything to assist the veteran family in becoming successful and self sufficient. Housing First is the model we use. Meeting the basic need of safety and security is first and foremost.
There are great programs that offer assistance but none that offer immediate assistance and it has been a barrier over the years.
Immediate assistance comes many forms such as shelter, clothing, household items, sanitary and hygiene products, gasoline, cleaning supplies, or funds to pay for fees and fines.
I have partnered with a good friend, Nicholas Walker, who owns We Help-U-Move in Frederick. He stores furniture and other household items at no cost so when I house a veteran he/she has something to fill the space.
Winter clothing any size, boots, gloves and socks are a need right now.
During the summer season appropriate clothing will be needed.
Gift cards to Walmart, Dollar General, Martins, Sheetz, etc are always in demand and greatly appreciated.
Veteran Honors (Veteran Awareness)
was brought to life and I am so happy to be apart of this amazing organization and team.
Please check out the link
If you have any questions please complete this form and submit it. The league Secretary/Webmaster will respond as soon as possible. Thank you.
Games are played on the two softball fields located at the rear of Hagerstown City Park off of U.S. Route 11 in Hagerstown and at Martin "Marty" L. Snook Memorial Park.
The Washington County Senior Softball League is very appreciative of the support and cooperation of Mark Haddock and the staff at the Hagerstown Parks and Recreation Department. We also thank Dave Brooks of the Washington County Parks Department. Their help is instrumental in keeping the league active and viable.